FTP Issues Pt. 1June 5, 2009 -
- Sometimes the images show the broken image icon (below)
- Sometimes images upload and look bizarre ( http://www.twitpic.com/6o8ig and http://www.twitpic.com/6o8gu : One is half black, the other the image no longer lines up!). These give corruption warnings in Dreamweaver
- This WordPress theme http://test.mapleunderground.com/ should look like this http://www.neoease.com/themes/ – the images are wacky
- Here’s a web page http://debutcreative.com/troubleshooting/ it links to:
- a PDF that gives a Damaged File warning,
- a song that won’t play
- a zip that doesn’t work
- tried to attach two images
I am optimistically calling this post Part one. Stay tuned for a resolution.
Finally! I have solved this one. I still don’t know what caused this to happen (on both computers at the same time no less) or why it happened with different apps, but I did find a solution.
1) Uninstall FileZilla (Export your settings first to XML)
2) Remove all data… they hide it on Windows. Vista: Username/%APPDATA%/Roaming/FileZilla directory. Delete all files
3) Reinstall FileZilla, then import your XML sites.
Worked for me!Tags: Tech
Categorized in: Tech
This post was written by ArleyM