Finding ArleyM OnlineAugust 14, 2009 -
Recently I wrote a blog post on Debut Creative about how taking part on the Internet can increase your SEO by your username. I personally try to sign up for most accounts that I hear about more than once – especially if it’s from someone reputable. I do this for a few reasons;
- I love checking out fresh start-ups
- I love evaluating the sign-up process that sites offer
- The SEO search engine results on useful accounts (the profiles usually link back to my site)
- It’s easier to remember the hundreds of login credentials I’ll accrue in my lifetime if I snag the username
- Securing the name before someone else
It’s the latter one that motivates me to check out sites promptly. Recently I haven’t been the only ArleyM on the scene. There have been a handful of sites where I couldn’t scoop my default username. To those other ArleyM’s I am truly sorry for all the usernames I’ve taken before you!
The downside to the heavy account sign-ups is when Googling “ArleyM” and “Arley McBlain” some results are merely profiles for sites I only checked out for a short time. I guess this is why Google.com lists over 38,000 results for my fairly unique name.
Categorized in: Personal
This post was written by ArleyM