Solving a browser Font issue

I’ve had an issue with fonts¬†messing up in my browser. I thought it was just me! This has happened before, like when a client sent me their weird copy of Helvetica to install and it broke Digg like so (circa 2010).

152380243

2010 digg.com with a client’s sketchy copy of Helvetica installed. Normal Helvetica would be equally wacky in their PSDs.

Today I finally traced the issue back (I think) to my Typekit local fonts. The history in pics:

This has been happening for months:

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 09.09.56

It started with me being bugged by http://www.parkwayhyundai.ca/ – only for me though, not colleagues.

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 09.46.00

Then I noticed it on http://docs.sublimetext.info/en/latest/reference/keyboard_shortcuts_osx.html

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.06.10

Then finally on daverupert.com which was the last straw!

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.04.07

Today a coworker showed me this! So it wasn’t just me. We started to figure out common software. Thought it was Photoshop CC, but not all users had it…

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.05.46

It wasn’t in Font Book, but I found this! Creative Cloud Typekit fonts!

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.05.39

I removed local fonts…

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.24.50

Uncle Bob!!!

I hope this helps!

 

UPDATE: A helpful gent from Adobe Typekit said it was an issue with font file versioning!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>