Teacher for a dayNovember 18, 2013 -
Not long ago I had the opportunity and pleasure of speaking to two classes of advertising and marketing students at Humber College in Toronto. It was a pretty cool experience, and on which I learned a lot in.
Some key take aways for me:
- If a student is only getting two classes in a semester to “learn web” avoid teaching about layout floats.
- I used my “outside voice” too much, and my throat was killing me after.
- If you casually load up Hacker Typer, you’ll freak some people out.
- My troubleshooting skills impressed even me as I figured out all of the extra html entities in a document path were the result of the student’s name being written in a non-English alphabet
- Using Dreamweaver’s CSS Designer to create styles without writing code is weird, but a nice light learning curve.
Categorized in: Personal
This post was written by ArleyM